Brainless Ent: T L E Brainless Ent: T L E

Big ol' bowl of...

Cheerios starts my day off right.

This animation could have used much more rootmarm.

that guy adventures that guy adventures

Comments on Length and Action Script

Your animation was way too short. I don't mind short animations, but there should be more than 10 seconds worth. I understand that you did this FBF so it's a pain in the ass to do. I give you credit for that.

It also needs to stop. Your animation just loops. You need some action script. On your last frame of the animation, go to Actions and select from among the actions, stick in "stop". Simple as that. You'll need a Replay button to get it to play again, but there are plenty of Newgrounds tutorials to find out how to do that. Or you can forget the "Stop" action and just put in a preloader. Newgrounds has plenty of those and they come with easy instructions on how to use them. The preloader can also act as your replay. Once the animation ends, it will go back to the preloader.

Welcome To The Machine Welcome To The Machine

Looked great

I really liked your choice of colours. I think most would have went for greys and blacks and little red and green lights and what not. Your animation didn't do that and it stands out among much of Newgrounds content.

cheshirecat1582 responds:

Oh wow thank you!! I take that as a very good complement!!! I try very hard to stand out!!! It may make some of my flashes controversial but thats the point. So thank you!! You have made my day!!! lol

The Economist The Economist

I like it

It was neat. What a strange concept for a game. The graphics were a little crude, but that's okay. I enjoyed the dry humour, too.

"ECONOMICS IS NOT A SCIENCE, AND NEVER WILL BE!" - from Dilbert

- Super B - - Super B -

Wow!

What a sweet game! I'm going to assume that this game is going to easily pass judgement so I'm going to favourite it now. Awesome. Your boxy superhero is kind of strange, but the slick gameplay more than makes up for it. Tonnes of fun. Good work!

TD: Jay's Trippin' Dash! TD: Jay's Trippin' Dash!

Better than Hentai Time by far

I liked this one a lot more than Hentai Time. Again, simplistic, but with more work put into it, I suppose. I really like the unrealisticly high jumping - I like games that do that. Like Halo. It's very useful. I almost thought that by the slowness of the character's walk that he wouldn't have the momentum to jump some of the gaps you put in, but the high jumping definitely compensated. The one problem I had, and I mentioned this above, was the slowness of the controls, although it's possible that it's only because my computer is a bit of a turd.

TheCriminalDuder responds:

When I play the file on my computer he moves quite fast, sort of a light jog. However I was worried about the natural lag of the upload. Thats why I added quality control. If you hit "Q" the lower the quality the faster he moves. I have a good computer so he moves fast but it still lags.
I'm glad you noticed the jumping. I always liked those little touches in games. Like the Halo example you used.
I was thinking of changing the programming and making him a higher speed. But that would be reprogramming over 3/4ths of the entire game.
Anyway thanks. I enjoyed your review.